Exfusion Logo Design Concepts

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Nov 22, 2016
GA
The Other day @UnixBasher Ask me to come up with a few Logo Concepts and post it on the forums so the community can look at them and vote on there favorite one. Please not they may not even use any of my designs. But here what I came up with. (Best to read with a Bright Theme!!)

UnixBasher

Wizard
Owner
May 21, 2016
United Kingdom
www.edanbrooke.com
Minecraft
UnixBasher
Good work but these days 3 horizontal lines represent a hamburger menu - a lot of people would not initially read this as an E but would see it as a menu dropdown: especially if it were to be used on the website.

upload_2016-11-26_20-37-23.png
As for Overseer, it's a staff-only control panel and so it truly doesn't matter about the logo. In fact, the logo isn't anywhere to be found in the application beyond the login page. If it were to be used, I think perhaps the O should resemble an eye?

Jul 17, 2016
Wales
landhost.co.uk
Minecraft
BailsBach
I like your concepts, they show you have an eye for what you're doing. But, there is no such thing as 'overthinking' in graphic design, that's probably one of the most important rules in my opinion, as graphics / design are supposed to have certain meanings, that is why there are so many videos on YouTube discussing the hidden meanings behind company logos such as 'FedEx', 'McDonalds' etc.

Furthermore, I'm not sure if it's just me, but you haven't actually represented any measurements in your concept. The 'EX' seems ok, but then it doesn't seem like the other letters are to scale with it or are positioned correctly.
Here's what I mean:

The 'F' seems slightly higher than the rest of the letters; if you're using Adobe Illustrator (the best free-market graphic software imo) you're able to snap to verticles, when it just seems you've added a couple of text boxes and positioned them by eye - this isn't very effective. Also, the 'U' seems slightly bigger or higher, and isn't in-line with the F.

Nevertheless, the '...SION' seems to be to scale. I like your thinking behind the first logo, you obviously have a nice touch with creative thinking. :smiley: Good luck!